COVID-19 And Recycling
COVID-19 Important Updates
Please check back often for important updates regarding your recycling collection and how it’s been affected by COVID-19.
Our Public Recycling Depot is presently closed to public use due to COVID 19 affecting some staff. It will reopen on Monday, January 24. Curbside collection is not affected. Please have your properly sorted recycling at the curb on your regular collection day.
Material Recovery Facility
Any person entering the FRONT LOBBY of our Material Recovery Facility (MRF) at 270 West Street in Trenton will be required to wear a face-covering that covers their nose, mouth and chin. Only one person is allowed in the Front Lobby at a time. This pertains to battery drop off, blue box exchange or purchases and inquiries.
Please note our health and safety restrictions upon REOPENING OF OUR HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS & ELECTRONIC WASTE DEPOT:
- If you are sick, do not attend this mobile event. If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, you will be asked to leave, but you may return once you no longer a high risk to staff.
- Wear a mask if possible.
- Place all of your household hazardous waste in the cargo area of your vehicle. If the material is not in the cargo area, you will be asked to exit the property to place the material in your cargo area before returning to the depot.
- If you refuse, you may be instructed to leave the property, and your materials may be refused.
- If you are a business, non-profit or agricultural (i.e. Farm) business, please call us to discuss the disposal of your materials at 613-967-8343 or email [email protected].
- Be aware that wait times may be longer than normal. If you can, plan your visit for later in the season. Please be patient!
In order to ensure the health and safety of our collections and sort line staff, Quinte Waste Solutions is asking that residents who are required to self isolate, to either store recyclables until the isolation period has ended or carefully place all material into garbage bags and utilize their regular garbage collection day for disposal.
At this time, our Material Recovery Facility located at 270 West Street, Trenton remains open for public use (depot only). We do ask that if you have been sick, displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, or have travelled outside of the country, please do not visit our facility. If you must visit, please note the following:
- All visitors must wear a mask covering that covers their nose, mouth and chin,
- All visitors will be asked to wait outside if there is already someone in the reception area being served. The entranceway to our facility will not accommodate the recommended 6 feet apart social distancing, and;
- All transactions for purchasing blue boxes or backyard composts will be completed by DEBIT ONLY. No cash will be accepted.
Residents are reminded that only clean, recyclable materials are accepted in the blue box program. If any of the following items are in your blue box, it will NOT be collected:
- Sanitary wipes (i.e. baby wipes, alcohol wipes)
- Medical waste of any kind (sharps, gloves, face mask, medication)
- Food waste
While these items are never accepted in the blue box program, there will be no exceptions made. Please use due diligence when placing items in your waste bin, green bin or recycling blue box. Blue boxes with any medical waste will NOT be collected.
We will continue to keep our website and social media platforms update with current information regarding all of our programs including Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste and the Blue Box Recycling Program.
For media inquires, please contact: