COVID-19 Important Updates
Please check back often for important updates regarding your recycling collection and how it’s been affected by COVID-19.
Electronic Waste at our Recycling Depot
Our E-Waste bin located at 270 West Street has reopened. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 am-2:30 pm. Please report to the main office as our large bin is locked at all times. We ask that you follow all our social distancing practices in order to keep everyone safe.
Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste
As of June 2, our Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot will resume summer hours. However, all June mobile events and Reuse Days for 2020 are cancelled. This also includes the cancellation of all Mobile Events planned for May:
- CANCELLED: Saturday, May 30 – Marmora & Lake
- Our Household Hazardous Waste Depot will be open EVERY SATURDAY in June to accommodate residents.
Please note our health and safety restrictions:
- If you are sick, do not visit the Depot. If we suspect that you are ill or have been exposed to COVID19, you will be instructed to leave the property.
- Wear a mask if possible, as all of our staff will be wearing one.
- Place all of your household hazardous or electronic waste material(s) in the cargo area of your vehicle. If the material is not in the cargo area, you will be asked to exit the property to place the material in your cargo area before returning to the depot.
- If you refuse, your material will not be accepted and you will be instructed to leave the property.
- We will NOT be doing any broken blue box exchanges or purchasing at this time. Please refer to our ‘Get a Blue Box‘ webpage to see where you can exchange or purchase blue boxes.
- We will be only accepting HOUSEHOLD hazardous waste at this time. If you are a business, non-profit or agricultural business, please call us to discuss the disposal of your materials at Toll-Free: (800) 210-0762 or 613-394-6266.
- And of course, wait times may be longer than normal. Please be patient!
In response to the recent COVID-19 Virus, some residents may be self-isolating for 14 days due to recent travel or potentially being exposed to COVID-19. During this 14-day isolation period, to ensure the health and safety of our collections and sort line staff, Quinte Waste Solutions is asking that residents either store recyclables until the isolation period has ended (preferred) or carefully place all material into garbage bags and utilize their regular garbage collection day for disposal.
At this time, our Material Recovery Facility located at 270 West Street, Trenton remains open for public use (depot only). We do ask that if you have been sick, displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, or have travelled outside of the country, please do not visit our facility. If you must visit, please note the following:
- All visitors will be asked to wait outside if there is already someone in the reception area being served. The entranceway to our facility will not accommodate the recommended 6 feet apart social distancing.
- All transactions for purchasing of blue boxes or backyard composts will be completed by DEBIT ONLY. No cash will be accepted.
Residents are reminded that only clean, recyclable materials are accepted in the blue box program. If any of the following items are in your blue box, it will NOT be collected:
- Sanitary wipes (i.e. baby wipes, alcohol wipes)
- Medical waste of any kind (sharps, gloves, face mask, medication)
- Food waste
While these items are never accepted in the blue box program, there will be no exceptions made. Please use due diligence when placing items in your waste bin, green bin or recycling blue box.
We will continue to keep our website and social media platforms update with current information regarding all of our programs including Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste and the Blue Box Recycling Program.
For media inquires, please contact:
Rebecca Foreman, Communications Coordinator