COVID-19 Important Updates
Please check back often for important updates regarding your recycling collection and how it’s been affected by COVID-19.
Electronic Waste at our Recycling Depot
As of 4:00 PM, Friday, March 27th, we have suspended our Electronic Waste (E-Waste) program at our Material Recovery Facility located at 270 West Street, Trenton. This program will remain closed until further notice. Our top priority at this time is the health and safety of our staff and the residents we serve. We will be focusing all staff efforts on recycling as our core service. All residents are asked to hold onto their e-waste in a responsible manner.
Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste
As a result of COVID-19 and in consideration of the health and safety of all staff and residents, Quinte Waste Solutions will be postponing operations at the Household Hazardous Waste Depot located at 75 Wallbridge Crescent, Belleville, until further notice. This also includes the cancellation of all Mobile Events planned for April:
- CANCELLED: Saturday, April 4 – Belleville Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- CANCELLED: Saturday, April 11 – Picton
- CANCELLED: Saturday, April 18 – Trenton
- CANCELLED: Saturday, April 25 – Stirling-Rawdon
In response to the recent COVID-19 Virus, some residents may be self-isolating for 14 days due to recent travel or potentially being exposed to COVID-19. During this 14-day isolation period, to ensure the health and safety of our collections and sort line staff, Quinte Waste Solutions is asking that residents either store recyclables until the isolation period has ended (preferred) or carefully place all material into garbage bags and utilize their regular garbage collection day for disposal.
At this time, our Material Recovery Facility located at 270 West Street, Trenton remains open for public use (depot only). We do ask that if you have been sick, displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, or have travelled outside of the country, please do not visit our facility. If you must visit, please note the following:
- All visitors will be asked to wait outside if there is already someone in the reception area being served. The entranceway to our facility will not accommodate the recommended 6 feet apart social distancing.
- All transactions for purchasing of blue boxes or backyard composts will be completed by DEBIT ONLY. No cash will be accepted.
Residents are reminded that only clean, recyclable materials are accepted in the blue box program. If any of the following items are in your blue box, it will NOT be collected:
- Sanitary wipes (i.e. baby wipes, alcohol wipes)
- Medical waste of any kind (sharps, gloves, face mask, medication)
- Food waste
While these items are never accepted in the blue box program, there will be no exceptions made. Please use due diligence when placing items in your waste bin, green bin or recycling blue box.
We will continue to keep our website and social media platforms update with current information regarding all of our programs including Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste and the Blue Box Recycling Program.
For media inquires, please contact:
Rebecca Foreman, Communications Coordinator