Electronic Waste at our Recycling Depot
Our E-Waste bin located at 270 West Street has reopened. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 am-2:30 pm. Please report to the main office as our large bin is locked at all times. We ask that you follow all our social distancing practices in order to keep everyone safe.
Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot
As of June 2, our Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot will resume summer hours. However, all June mobile events and Reuse Days for 2020 are cancelled. This also includes the cancellation of all Mobile Events planned for May:
- CANCELLED: Saturday, May 30 – Marmora & Lake
Our Household Hazardous Waste Depot will be open EVERY SATURDAY in June to accommodate residents.
Please note our health and safety restrictions:
- If you are sick, do not visit the Depot. If we suspect that you are ill or have been exposed to COVID19, you will be instructed to leave the property.
- Wear a mask if possible, as all of our staff will be wearing one.
- Place all of your household hazardous or electronic waste material(s) in the cargo area of your vehicle. If the material is not in the cargo area, you will be asked to exit the property to place the material in your cargo area before returning to the depot.
- If you refuse, your material will not be accepted and you will be instructed to leave the property.
- We will NOT be doing any broken blue box exchanges or purchasing at this time. Please refer to our ‘Get a Blue Box‘ webpage to see where you can exchange or purchase blue boxes.
- We will be only accepting HOUSEHOLD hazardous waste at this time. If you are a business, non-profit or agricultural business, please call us to discuss the disposal of your materials at Toll-Free: (800) 210-0762 or 613-394-6266.
- And of course, wait times may be longer than normal. Please be patient!
Hazardous Waste – Starting Summer Hours June 2, 2020
DEPOT LOCATION: 75 Wallbridge Crescent, Belleville
Hazardous waste is NOT accepted in the blue box.
Household Hazardous Waste
Do you have a stockpile of old paint, a drawer full of dead batteries or maybe a half dozen burnt out Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs? If the answer is yes, you are not alone. Most people find that over the course of a year or two they accumulate a quantity of leftover, unwanted hazardous waste. No one wants to put these things in the garbage, but many don’t know what else to do. Click here for a list of what is accepted.
Proper disposal of hazardous waste helps to protect our environment and drinking water sources. Learn more about protecting the region’s drinking water by visiting quintesourcewater.ca or trentsourceprotection.on.ca
The products collected at these events are categorized and then either Reused, Recycled, or packaged for safe disposal.
Operating Hours – Starting Summer Hours June 2, 2020
The Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot at 75 Wallbridge Crescent in Belleville is open to residents serviced by Quinte Waste Solutions, year-round. Starting June 2, 2020, we will resume SUMMER HOURS. The depot will be open every Tuesday, 1 pm-6 pm, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9 am-4 pm. For the month of June, the Depot will be open EVERY SATURDAY 9 am-4 pm. This will replace cancelled mobile events during this time.
Fall/Winter Months (December-March)
Thursdays 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
First Saturday of the month 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Any resident from our service area is welcome at the main depot in Belleville.
Spring/Summer Months (April-November)
Tuesdays 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesdays & Thursdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
First Saturday of the month 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Mobile Events – TEMPORARILY CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
Saturdays 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Check our Events Calendar, or watch for an ad in your local newspaper for an event near you.)
Electronic Waste – Electronic waste will no longer be collected at mobile events. Municipal landfills have been equipped with e-waste recycling bins that residents can use instead. At this time, all PEC residents can visit the Trenton or Belleville location to dispose of electronic waste.
Motor Oil – We do not accept motor oil at our mobile events. This needs to be taken to our Hazardous Waste Depot during business hours only.
Quinte Waste Solutions offers a program throughout the year where homeowners can drop off hazardous waste at various locations throughout the Quinte region.
Mobile events happen on Saturdays during the summer months and run from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Download a copy of our Hazardous & Electronic Waste Brochure to find an event near you and to see what’s accepted. Any residents serviced by Quinte Waste Solutions are welcome at any event.
Electronic Waste Recycling – Starting Summer Hours June 2, 2020
Electronic waste can be dropped off at the main depot in Belleville during operating hours.
Electronic waste accepted:
- Desktop computers
- Portable computers
- Computer peripherals, including modems
- Printing devices
- Gaming Consoles
- Printing devices which include copiers, scanners, typewriters.
- Telephones (physical and accessories)
- Cellular phones
- Smart Devices
- Audio and video players
- Equalizers, (pre)amplifiers
- Video players/projectors
- Video recorder
- Personal handheld computers
- Power Tools
Got Sharps/Used Medications?
Canada’s Health Products Stewardship Association has made it possible for Ontarians to return unused or expired medications and sharps, free of charge, to many pharmacies in our community. For a list of collection locations near you, visit www.healthsteward.ca/returns/ontario