Hazardous and Electronic Waste
Our Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot at 75 Wallbridge Cres and our Electronic Waste Bin at 270 West Street is OPEN. Here is the Download Link.
Do you have a stockpile of old paint, a drawer full of dead batteries or maybe a half dozen burnt out Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs? If the answer is yes, you are not alone. Most people find that over the course of a year or two they accumulate a quantity of leftover, unwanted hazardous waste. No one wants to put these things in the garbage, but many don’t know what else to do. The answer? Our Household and Electronic Hazardous Waste Depot, or Mobile Events! Proper disposal of hazardous waste helps to protect our environment and drinking water sources, too!
Hazardous waste can be dropped off at 75 Wallbridge Crescent in Belleville during the following Operational Hours:
November 1 – March 31:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9am – 4pm
Also, we are now open every Saturday 9am-4pm! Our regular summer hours will begin again on April 1!
April 1 – October 31:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9am – 4pm
- Last Saturday of the month 9am – 4pm (We are NOT open on Satutory Holidays)*
Electronic waste can be dropped off at the main depot in Belleville during operating hours, and it also can be dropped off at our Trenton location, Monday – Friday, from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM.
Electronic waste accepted:
- Desktop computers
- Portable computers
- Computer peripherals, including modems
- Printing devices
- Gaming Consoles
- Printing devices which include copiers, scanners, typewriters.
- Telephones (physical and accessories)
- Cellular phones
- Smart Devices
- Audio and video players
- Equalizers, (pre)amplifiers
- Video players/projectors
- Video recorder
- Personal handheld computers
- Ink and toner cartridges are not accepted. Please contact Staples or Best Buy for disposal.
A few notes:
Electronic Waste – Electronic waste will no longer be collected at mobile events. Municipal landfills have been equipped with e-waste recycling bins that residents can use instead. At this time, all PEC residents can visit the Trenton or Belleville location to dispose of electronic waste.
Motor Oil – We do not accept motor oil at our mobile events. This needs to be taken to our Hazardous Waste Depot during business hours only.
Jerry/Gas Cans – We can no longer accept jerry or gas cans at our mobile events or depot.
Please note our health and safety restrictions upon REOPENING of our Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot:
- If you are sick, do not visit the Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, you will be instructed to leave the property.
- Wear a mask if possible, as all of our staff will be wearing one.
- Place all of your household hazardous or electronic waste material(s) in the trunk area of your vehicle. If the material is not in the trunk area, you will be asked to exit the property to place the material in your trunk area before returning to the depot. If you refuse, your material will not be accepted, and you will be instructed to leave the property.
- We can no longer accept empty jerry/gas cans. If you have some to dispose of, let them dry out completely (leaving them in the sun with the lid off) and put them in a regular garbage bag for garbage collection.
- We will NOT be doing any broken blue box exchanges or purchases at this time, but our Trenton Depot does!
- If you are a business, non-profit or agricultural business, please call us to discuss the disposal of your materials at 613-394-6266. You can also email us [email protected].
- Be aware that wait times may be longer than normal. If you can, plan your visit for later in the season. Please be patient!
Got Sharps/Used Medications?
Canada’s Health Products Stewardship Association has made it possible for Ontarians to return unused or expired medications and sharps, free of charge, to many pharmacies in our community. For a list of collection locations near you, visit www.healthsteward.ca/returns/ontario
Still Have Questions? Visit our page on Medical Waste or Contact Us!