- Our Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot at 75 Wallbridge Cres and our Electronic Waste Bin at 270 West Street will be CLOSED until further notice starting on Saturday, December 26 as per the recent change in COVID status – Grey Lockdown. For more information, please click here: HHEW Media Release
- We can no longer accept empty jerry/gas cans. If you have some to dispose of, let them dry out completely (leaving them in the sun with the lid off) and put them in a regular garbage bag for garbage collection.
Please note our health and safety restrictions upon REOPENING of our Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot:
- If you are sick, do not visit the Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot. If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID19, you will be instructed to leave the property.
- Wear a mask if possible, as all of our staff will be wearing one.
- Place all of your household hazardous or electronic waste material(s) in the cargo area of your vehicle. If the material is not in the cargo area, you will be asked to exit the property to place the material in your cargo area before returning to the depot
- If you refuse, your material will not be accepted, and you will be instructed to leave the property.
- We will NOT be doing any broken blue box exchanges or purchases at this time. Please refer to our ‘Get a Blue Box‘ webpage to see where you can exchange or purchase blue boxes.
- If you are a business, non-profit or agricultural business, please call us to discuss the disposal of your materials at 613-394-6266 or Toll-Free: 1 (800) 210-0762.
- Be aware that wait times may be longer than normal. If you can, plan your visit for later in the season. Please be patient!
Operating Hours – Winter Hours – CLOSED as of December 26th, 2020
The Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot at 75 Wallbridge Crescent in Belleville is open to residents serviced by Quinte Waste Solutions, year-round during these specified hours:
Winter Months (December-March) – CLOSED as of December 26th, 2020
Thursdays 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
First Saturday of the month 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Spring/Summer/Fall Months (April-November)
Tuesdays 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Wednesdays & Thursdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
First Saturday of the month 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Any resident from our service area is welcome at the Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Depot in Belleville.
What Can I Bring?
- Abrasive powders
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Drain decloggers
- Floor and furniture polish
- Oven cleaners
- Metal cleaners/polish
- Window, glass cleaner
- Cooking oil
- Transmission fluid
- Battery & battery acid
- Brake fluid
- Body filler
- Empty oil containers & used filters
- Auto spray paint
- Car wax
- Fuel (kerosene, diesel, gas)
- Windshield washer fluid
- Radiator antifreeze
- Motor oil (at the Belleville depot only) Maximum 200L in containers no larger than 20L
- Rust remover
- Stains, finishes
- Thinners & turpentine
- Wood preservatives
- Flea collars & sprays
- Paint strippers
- Driveway sealer
- Chlorine bleach
- Stain removers
- Aftershave, perfume
- Hair lotions, dyes
- Nail polish and remover
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Rat & mouse poison
- Roach & ant poison
- Propane tanks & cylinders
- Pool chemicals
- Air fresheners
- Batteries (alkaline & rechargeable)
- Butane cylinders
- Lighter fluid
- Fluorescent tubes & bulbs (Quantity Restrictions Apply, PLEASE CALL FIRST)
- Shoe polish
- Fire extinguishers
Electronic waste is no longer accepted at mobile events. Please take electronics to:
Belleville Main Depot – 75 Wallbridge Cres. during operating hours
Trenton Material Recovery Facility – 270 West St. Mon-Fri between 8:30am-2:30pm
- Monitors, Keyboards,
- Hard drives, mice
- Printers, scanners
- Powercords, adapters
- Power tools
- Amplifiers, speakers, radios
- VHS/DVD Players
- Phones, modems, pagers